BY USING THIS SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS WHICH WILL BIND YOU. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU WILL BE PROHIBITED FROM DOWNLOADING OR USING ATLAS TAXI’S APP.
We, Atlas Private Hire Ltd of 115 Whapload Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32 1UL licence you to use Atlas Taxis mobile application software, the data supplied with the software and any updates or supplements to it or the online booking website (‘ATLAS Taxis App’), as permitted in these terms (‘Licence’).
The Atlas Taxis mobile application software requires a smartphone device with relevant software and sufficient memory.
1. Grant and scope of licence
- We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use Atlas Taxis in the UK on the terms of this Licence. We (or our licensors) remain the owners of Atlas Taxis App at all times.
- We are the provider to you of transport services by licensed drivers (‘transport provider’) and we provide your services directly. You are able to use Atlas Taxis App to book transport for a fee, subject to the length of the journey plus waiting time.
- Atlas Taxis accept your booking and allocate this to the booking system directly. Any fee is payable by cash to the driver or by card payment via the app to Atlas Taxis App.
- You may not copy, distribute, unzip, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise disassemble, rent, lease, sub-licence, adapt, vary or modify Atlas Taxis App. You may not remove any copyright or trademark.
2. Use of Atlas Taxis App
- Following acceptance of these terms and conditions, you must register and set up an account on Atlas Taxis App. Registration requires you to submit your name, mobile phone number and email address.
- Atlas Taxis will make every effort to complete your booking within the requested time however this is not always possible to achieve. You acknowledge that the in most cases the fare given by the App is correct, However the price can and will change if roads, crossings or bridges are closed. You will then only be charged what the extended journey warrants.
estimated time of arrival are approximations only and the actual time of arrival are subject to traffic levels, the weather and the availability of Cars.
3. Intellectual Property
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in Atlas Taxis belong to us (or our licensors), that rights in Atlas Taxis are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, Atlas Taxis other than the right to use it in accordance with the terms of this Licence.
4. Limitation of liability as a consumer user
- You acknowledge that Atlas Taxis App has not been developed to meet your individual requirements.
- We supply Atlas Taxis App for domestic, commercial, business and private use. You agree not to use Atlas Taxis for re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We are only responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of this Licence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we granted you the Licence.
- Nothing in this Licence shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
5. How We May Use Your Personal Information
- During the registration process, you will be required to provide us with personal information in order to enable Atlas Taxis to function. This information will be stored safely and securely on Atlas Taxis App. We will use the personal information you provide to us to facilitate communication between you and us, to monitor usage of Atlas Taxis and to process your payment following use of a transport provider.
- We will implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect any personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss or damage.
- We will only give your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
- In the event that you use Atlas Taxis App to book a car and then do not use it, you authorise us to charge your debit or credit card a standard cancellation fee to cover the cost of administering the booking and subsequent cancellation. A minimum charge of the relevant tariff will be charged if the car has already been dispatched.
7. Termination of Atlas Taxis App
- We may terminate this Licence at any time without notice. We may also block your use of Atlas Taxis App if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may terminate this Licence by deleting Atlas Taxis from your mobile or other device(s).
- Upon termination for any reason:
- all rights granted to you under this Licence shall cease;
- you must immediately cease all activities authorised by this Licence; and
- you must immediately delete or remove Atlas Taxis from all mobile devices or computer equipment in your possession.
8. Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this Licence that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An “Event Outside Our Control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation failure of public or private telecommunications networks or severe weather conditions.
9. Other important terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under this Licence to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under this Licence.
- Each of the conditions of this Licence operates separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- As a consumer, please note that this Licence, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
- If you wish to contact us, please write to us at the address on our webpage.
10. Changes to Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. You will be notified when there is a change to terms and conditions and you will be required to agree to any amendments. In any event, your continued use of Atlas Taxis App constitutes acceptance of such changes.